Risk Profile Questionnaire
February 19, 2018
Take Risk Survey
1. What is the main goal for your investments?
a) Preserve the assets I currently have
b) Safely generate income from my investments
c) Generate income, while also pursuing capital appreciation
d) Steadily grow my assets
e) Aggressively grow my assets
2. I expect to pull money from my investments in:
a) Less than 1 year
b) 1-4 years
c) 5-10 years
d) 11-20 years
e) Over 20 years
3. Select your current net worth (excluding primary residence):
a) Under 100K
e) Over 3M
4. Please indicate your current annual household income:
a) Under 75,000
5. Please select the most complex investment you have owned, or would be comfortable owning:
a) Money Market/CDs
b) Mutual Funds/ETFs
c) Individual Stocks or Bonds
d) Hard Assets (gold, art, etc)
e) Options, Futures, or Unlisted Securities
6. Which best describes your tolerance to risk?
a) I seek stable investments to preserve my principal
b) I pursue modest increases in my investments, with minimal risk of loss
c) I aim for investment growth, accepting moderate risk of loss
d) I seek above-average growth in my investments, accepting above-average risk of loss
e) I reach for maximum returns, while accepting significant risk of loss
7. This chart shows the potential 1-year risk / return tradeoff of a $100K investment. Which would you choose?
8. The following charts show the potential performance of an investment over 10 years. Which would you choose?
9. Imagine that an individual stock you own lost 30% of its value in 3 days. What would you do?
a) I don't know
b) Sell all of my shares
c) Sell a portion of my shares
d) Do nothing
e) Buy more shares
10. You make an investment, planning to hold it for 5 years. It then loses 20% in its first year. How do you react?
a) I would sell my investment because of my concerns
b) I would consider selling part of my investment
c) I would wait to see how it continues to perform
d) I wouldn't sell my investment, but would be concerned
e) I would buy more of the investment because of the discount
Your survey answers indicate your risk category is
. You can accept losing
in a market downturn to pursue long-term goals.
Describe your investments (optional)
Enter as many positions as you'd like. We will use this information to run a stress test analysis on your investments.